The Bridge - Theory & Plan

My underlining theory:

A symbiosis of architecture and nature to articulate collaboration and continuity.

The reasoning behind my theory follows the idea that a school of architecture should be a negotiation of interior and exterior spaces   that promote autonomous thinking, intellectual tension and diverse ideas. The vision for my project is to construct a highly collaborative space that merges the boundaries of what is considered a 'learning space' and an 'outside space'. Through designing a series of structures that promote continuity, diversity and movement, the project will draw upon the significance of exterior elements inherent within Australian culture, and their overall inspiring effect on students and teachers alike.

The Plan:

I chose the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, designed by Frank Gehry, as the basis and inspiration source for the bridge. The continuity, curvature, and organic elements correspond with the theory I have developed and chosen to base my project on.

Image result for guggenheim museum bilbao

The eloping curves that stem from various central points throughout the building is a unique element that I have adapted into my model, whereby the bridge acts as not only a means of transportation, but rather as a means of accessibility, socialiability and connectivity with the exterior surrounds.





Comments

Popular Posts